Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Land/Water/Sky Encaustic series at "Art=Gift" Hygienic Holiday show


"Wading Together at Dusk"
Encaustic on panel
6" H x 8" W


Yesterday I dropped off  several of my encaustic (hot wax and oil pigment) landscapes, including the one above, at the Hygienic Gallery in New London, CT for their annual "Art = Gift" holiday show. I love to use this medium as a bridge between painting and relief sculpture, creating layers and rich textural effects. Encaustic also lends itself very well to the abstracted quality I strive for in this series.

Every year this exhibit features an eclectic mix of smaller, reasonably-priced works perfect for gift giving.  (And yes, giving to yourself counts as a "gift".)  

The show runs from November 24th through December 23rd. Check out the Hygienic's website or call for gallery hours and more info: 860-443-8001. 860  • 443 • 8001 860 • 443 • 8001 



No comments:

Post a Comment